Got myself in a bit of mess. I took my '66 heater and AC system apart a few months ago, took many pictures, but apparently one too few. I have some sort of baffle that I can't remember where it goes.
Not sure what this is. I dont have any AC, but it does not appear to be part of the heating system. Do you have other pictures of what we are talking about?
~ HB 1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery 1962 Chevrolet C10 1962 Suburban
We would need to know if this is original dash A/C or under dash. With all due respect, it can't be that hard to figure out where a large piece like that fits. It has a specific shape and mounting holes. It's either a piece inside or outside the cab. If you don't remember it at all, maybe someone piled a piece on your stuff not associated with your truck. Seems like you would remember that big thing. Does it go on/in outside firewall heater box where the heater core is? That one angled side of the hole does show up on some heater core baffles inside firewall box. It's also funny because one part looks like a dash radio impression.
It seems like when you put all together that you will see something big missing. I would just move forward on the install and a light will go on.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
I am curious about this panel. Nothing I have come across previously. Looks like a manufactured piece so maybe for an special option. Not real familiar with innards of the AC unit, but nothing familiar to the dash mounting controls. Can you take some pictures of the truck and AC?
~ HB 1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery 1962 Chevrolet C10 1962 Suburban
Sure looks pretty! Looks like its a panel for a vent. It's got that rounded area that allows a cable to pass through it. But like bartamos and Hambone, seems like you will know where it goes when you reassemble.
~ Victor 1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery 1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD 1957 3100 - moved on 1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on 1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on 1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter