| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,393 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 24 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 24 | Hello, Im wanting to get rid of my 5" factory spring blocks so I can run a spring lift. It looks like I will have to do away with the factory rear spring hanger because the shackle will bottom out on the hanger. Has any one done this or have pics of what they used? I was thinking of 67-72 style hangers? Thanks!
Last edited by 64c10k20; 01/02/2018 8:43 PM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Did you run this by the 4x4 groups in other forums? Not sure what you found. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2017 Posts: 66 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2017 Posts: 66 | Use 73-87 k truck spring hangers. You can buy them new. Use 88-98 3/4 ton 5 leaf packs. The blocks are gone. You get a great ride. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 135 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 135 | What would you recommend for replace the front leaf springs?
1964 K10 Fleetside Pickup Truck | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 168 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 168 |
Liquidated my projects Now looking for a decent '47-'55.1 3100, 3600, or 3800
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2022 Posts: 7 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2022 Posts: 7 | Truckfarm72, I know this is an old thread, but if you’re still around I have a question about the spring and hanger swap as I also have a broken hanger on my 63 k10. If using the 73-87 hangers and 88-98 springs, which shackles would I use, the 73 or the 88? I like the idea of losing the block but wanted to make sure the ride height stays the same. Thanks | | |
| |
| |