I finally found a flat bed I liked. got it put on and loaded it up. it was little cold today so I went to get some firewood. probably a little under gvwr and I should have put in front of the axle but I made it home ok.
Good looking truck! The load is deceptive, the rear tires look squatted.
Don
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck "The Flag Pole" In the Stovebolt Gallery 1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Good thing the Weights and Measures Police didn't catch ya, that would of been one hell of a ticket.
1953 Chevrolet 3100 261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done In the DITY Gallery Video of the 261 running
1964 GMC 1000 305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration
cold here is around 50 degrees. real cold is 30. I lived in CO a while and usually the sun made the cold not feel so cold. Cold here usually comes with damp and gray days, no sun. however, I can handle 4 months of it.
I got the wheels at a junk yard from the grumpiest sob I have ever met. tires are a little too big but they were on the wheels so I will run them a while.