The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
I have been using this neat sprayer for wax and grease remover for a while at work and got so spoiled I had to pick one up for home.

Here in crazy California they forced us to use these instead of pouring the surface cleaner (wax and grease remover) out onto a rag producing VOC. I think it is a feels good does nothing sort of thing but that is beside the point. The darn thing works GREAT, and I am glad they forced me to use it. smile It has a pump on the top to build up pressure to spray the cleaner out. You can adjust the tip to spray a stream or mist or heavy droplets. This thing is WAY better than the metal ones that you have to pressurize with your compressor. You spray on the cleaner then just wipe it off to clean prior to paint. No sloshing it out onto a rag. Just spray and wipe, it really works neat. Plus, you can spray it on irregular shaped items where getting into nooks and crannies with a rag is difficult to impossible sometimes. I just painted some steel rims and it was a great time saver getting down around the lug holes where there was some polish.

If you are a tech, it is a very valuable time saving tool. If you are a home hobbiest it is a valuable garage time tool. Instead of looking around for the rags to use and getting out a gallon of cleaner and what not, it is sitting or hanging right there ready to use any time you need it. It stays pressurized until you let the pressure out by pulling the trigger so you don't have to pump it up every time you use it.
[img]http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/USCsprayer.jpg[/img]

It's available at autobodystore.com for $39.00 http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/...duct_Code=USC70305&Category_Code=PSH

Or if you have to "touch" it you can order it at a NAPA auto parts store (they probably won't have one in stock, tell them it is in the "MS" line) part number A501100MS for about $50.00. http://www.martinsenour-autopaint.com/ap/pump_spraybottlemartinsenour.htm

And to add to the use described, someone on another forum gave me the GREAT idea to use it when quenching metal while shrinking. I'll go for anything that saves my muscles and that sqeezing the spray bottle is something I can live without.

Brian


1948 Chevy Pickup
Chopped and sectioned
owned since 1974 when I was 15.
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
I've got one of those I use for spraying my roses and bushes- it works great, I never thought about using it for automotive stuff. They are much nicer than the misters and good when you don't need a whole gallon of spray like you would use one of the bigger pump sprayers for. Mine you can use the whole contents of the bottle in two pumpups- one initially, one when its about half empty.

They sell them at Lowes and Home Depot, and if you don't mind the spray pattern not being perfect they are quite a bit less than $39.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 336
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 336
I got a garden one at big lits for $2.99

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
You will want to make sure the plastic is compatible with whatever solvent you spray to make sure you don't end up with a melty mess.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0