The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series), 231 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,518
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,518
Is there a preferred way to assemble the inner and outer fenders to the cab and core support? I have seen guys assemble the inner fenders to the outer fenders then as a combined assembly attach them to the cab and radiator core support. I am finishing up on the paint work and since I do not have help regularly, I need to do this myself and hopefully without screwing up my paint. If I am to attach each part individually, do I hang the outer fender before the inner or vise versa?
Thanks in advance.


1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done
In the DITY Gallery
Video of the 261 running

1964 GMC 1000
305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
You will screw up the paint if you try to do this by yourself.
The next one I do, I am going to to pre-assemble the entire front clip including fenders, inner fenders, radiator support, and grill. I will then acquire some trusted souls to assist in attaching the front clip unit to the cab. This is how GM did it.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 152
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 152
I assembled my inner fenders, then radiator housing etc. Only snugging the bolts. I had a friend help me hold and bolt the fenders. Then he helped me lift and bolt on the hood Matching old marks on the fire wall. Then started the shifting and lining up of fenders. The worst part of the front end was the front grill and fenders. It all worked out great. With finished parts, And care.


49 chevy 1-ton. It is a work in progress but it's getting close. 49 1 Ton Pics
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,518
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,518
Thank you both for your input. All appreciated.


1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done
In the DITY Gallery
Video of the 261 running

1964 GMC 1000
305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0