The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Guitplayer, Joe W, Gdads51), 202 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,178
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1225284 07/13/2017 3:01 AM
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 182
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 182
Anyone out there ever use South Texas Antique Electronics to have their radio rebuilt? Looking to get the radio in my 1950 3100 working again. What other vendors have been used? Tkx. Jon

Jhyp #1225293 07/13/2017 6:50 AM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
I used Old Car Radio in the Chattanooga area. He upgraded my 59's radio. You can reach him at (423) 344-8357 or 785-6333, his name is Charles.


1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
Jhyp #1225295 07/13/2017 10:53 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Charles,

You might want to also check with Fred (Private Message), truckernix (the moderator if The Radio Bench Forum).

He might know some repairers, and he might be able to do the repairs (he does not advertise this).

Jhyp #1225303 07/13/2017 12:54 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I do the odd radio for Bolters when they get stuck restoring it themselves. I like to see them succeed at what they are working on. Here are some links on this site: Radio Repair I have not done business with any of them but I have seen Gary Tayman participate on another site and he is very knowledgeable and well respected.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 122
J
JD1 Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 122
Originally Posted by truckernix
I do the odd radio for Bolters when they get stuck restoring it themselves. I like to see them succeed at what they are working on. Here are some links on this site: Radio Repair I have not done business with any of them but I have seen Gary Tayman participate on another site and he is very knowledgeable and well respected.
Is there an updated link?
Thank you.


1951 Chevy 3100 1/2 ton (1957 235, 4 speed, 411 rear)
Jhyp #1314949 06/20/2019 1:45 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Here is his current link. I don't know if they still do original type restorations or not. Tayman Electronics


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!

Moderated by  truckernix 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0