The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Otto Skorzeny, 59 fleet, Peggy M, Hotrod Lincoln, Cletus1950, tclederman), 159 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,217
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1224754 07/10/2017 3:57 PM
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2
B
Moderated
Moderated
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2
What's happening folks! Here is my intro thread..

My name is Ben, I live high in the mountains of Colorado, and I'm a truck guy with a supportive wife and 2 very young boys. My first truck was in 1993, 76 Chevy 1/2 ton, then a 78 GMC 3/4 ton, then an 86 Chevy half, then an 04 Duramax, now a 14 Silverado. I also own an 83 K5 for off roading and my new to me 64 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4. From a young age I remember riding around in my great uncle's 56 Chevy stepside, which became mine in 1995. My mom, bless her heart, was sick of it being parked behind her barn in Indiana and had it scrapped and I finally forgave her 15 years later. I just saw one this weekend like my old one that needs restored with very little rust and no front end...future project. Since then I have owned a 64 CJ5 and a 62 Impala Coupe just because I love old cars and being stressed out by working on them. The Impala and 409 left me in 2016 and I decided then I was done with old cars with my fun focus being my 83 K5 and mountain snowmobiling...that is... until this 64 landed in my lap.

About the 64.... It belonged to my buddy who used it in his landscaping company and it had a flatbed and a snowplow which I ended up using for a winter at my house. It has a Chevy 327 in it and a 400 automatic. The flatbed is off an I have decided to make it an 8' stepside and will be tearing off the cab and front end soon for a full rebuild from the ground up... I think.... maybe. I am supposed to have it done before July 4th next year according to the wife :dang:

I joined this group to get info on the truck and share experiences with fellow truckheads.




Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2
B
Moderated
Moderated
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 80
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 80
Welcome!


1950 3100 5 Window
http://imgur.com/a/DAVYB
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Ben, did you know there is a forum just for 60-66 trucks? Check it out. So the wife gave you a deadline? Is she going to help? If you run stuck, you know where to ask now. Good luck.

Leo


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0