The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Wayne67vert, MickeyP, Otto Skorzeny, Bill Hanlon), 176 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1224589 07/09/2017 4:33 PM
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 916
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 916
I see that they offer a stainless steel hood center strip.... and I am body working the hood right now- if I remove the center strip that's on the hood now, will the hood start to separate? My strip has a fairly large gap in two places and leveling the hood is becoming a real chore with the strip installed. But I don't want the hood to separate/ buckle while I'm working on it. Anyone dealt with this?

Hood

Last edited by Norcal Dave; 07/09/2017 4:34 PM.

~ Dave
1950 Chevrolet 3600 3/4-ton with 261 engine & T5 Transmission
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Look at the seam on the underside of the hood.

Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 916
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 916
Yes, I see that it is riveted together on the underside. I was wondering whether it was perhaps spot-welded together on the top side, under the center strip. Probably not. I'll remove the strip tomorrow to confirm. Additionally, I found a "bullnose" polished aluminum hood center strip with clips for $33 at Chev's of he 40's. Wondering if anyone has installed that one? It's a lot cheaper than going stainless...but will require regular polishing, no doubt.


~ Dave
1950 Chevrolet 3600 3/4-ton with 261 engine & T5 Transmission
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
Not spot welded. Riveted is OEM. All you'll see under the center strip is the joint of the two halves.

Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 916
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 916
Mark, yep that's what I found. Thanks.


~ Dave
1950 Chevrolet 3600 3/4-ton with 261 engine & T5 Transmission

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0