The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Robert Crandall, Youngin' Tut 59, PAUL Berardi), 143 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,098
Posts1,056,166
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 55
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 55
I've been trying to find replacement rubbber pieces where the back of the front fenders bolts to the cab on AD pickups but don't even know the name of the pieces so am having a hard time finding it. Went into Chev's of the 40s today and they don't seem to have it in their catalog and the counter guy suggested using fender welting. That isn't what it is. Any one know what its called and where I can get it? Thanks for any help.
Jerry

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
The factory used a gasket that was a sort of tarpaper. All the vendors carry it including Chevs of the 40's. It's listed as a front fender to inner fender and firewall gasket set. It also includes the rubber strip between the inner and outer fenders.

Bob

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
Fender welting is the correct term. Here it is in one vendors catalog:

http://www.oldchevytrucks.biz/catalog1/0046.html

I remember one guy on here said he found it at a local Volkswagen dealer.


Curt B.


1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 55
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 55
I appreciate the two replies.

Curt, I'm familiar with fender welt. It's not what I am looking for and not what was on the 53. I appreciate that it could be used to stop rubbing and squeaking but I always thought of it as more of a passenger car application than a truck item.

Bob, I went back and looked where you suggested in their catalog and came across part 609725 which sounds like what I want. Its called "Fender Gaskets" in their catalog on page 165, bottom right side. Hopefully that will be what I want and I won't have to buy the inner fender to outer fender gasket set.

Jerry

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
T
Tab Offline
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
Heck, roofing felt paper sounds like a great idea. I'd go for that. And you can always use the leftovers for the dog house. grin


delete my account and pictures
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 339
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 339
Fender gaskets sounds right, The welting is also important too...I am very fussy to not omit parts..
BB


1952 Chevy 3104 Shortbed 5-window
Remember; Politicians and diapers both need to be changed
often, and for the same reason.....

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0