The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (55shaker, classicfins, Charles in CA, CandoBrent), 113 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,664
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 33
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 33
52 1/2 ton 3 speed torque tube. I don't have a mount at the rear of the transmission. There is a brace underneath it with two bolt holes, but no mount. I see there are mount pads available, but I don't even have the mount. I can't see how the mount would connect to the transmission. Does the tailshaft just rest on the rubber pad. Thanks. There are mounts at the bellhousing, which isn't to far from the tailshaft.

TommyJ

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 33
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by tclederman

Thanks Tim..Trying to visualize it. I did locate my shop manual, and it is 48-51 with a 52 supplement. I haven't worked on this truck for a long time, so I am trying to catch up.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0