The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (cmayna, tclederman, Otto Skorzeny), 139 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1217154 05/14/2017 12:32 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 45
2
'Bolter
'Bolter
2 Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 45
My shifter was frozen in neutral. I had to disassemble the rails and forks to free it up. I have some ideas to try, but are there any easy tricks to hold the detent balls down when installing the rails? they are spring loaded inside the forks . I have the nonsynchro GKT-134 with finger lever for reverse.


Richard
42 Chevy pickup
65 Chevy C10 Panel
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 45
2
'Bolter
'Bolter
2 Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 45
I'm going to give the crickets a break and give an update FYI. I found that there is a special tool to do this job. I ended up making something close to what it looked like in the service manual. I took a pin close to the size of the rail and ground a slope on it to push the ball down and hold it. It can be done with a screw driver but what I did required less hands and aggravation.


Richard
42 Chevy pickup
65 Chevy C10 Panel

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0