The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (1955 1 Series, HandyAndy, Ponchogl, carbking), 88 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 52
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 52
I just received a new right front wheel cylinder from American Classics. If installed, the wheel cylinder inlet would be angled toward the front of the truck. the one I removed had the inlet angled toward the rear, matching the angle that the brake line exits the frame. The new "right" wheel cylinder I received matches the one currently on the left {drivers side). So I assumed I received the wrong cylinder. Upon checking their website. plus 2 other websites including NAPA, they all show the cylinder I received as being correct for the right side...??? Also note, that all part photos of the 3 suppliers show the cylinders pictured upside down with the 2 mounting bolts at the bottom instead of at the top as they actually mount to the backing plate. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 52
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 52
Update- I finally found some photos of a 54 3100 being dis-assembled. It appears that the wheel cylinder inlet does indeed angle toward the front of the truck. I may need a longer brake hose since the hose routing will form a severe "S", especially when turning right. Hmmm----


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0