The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, DaveV, Southerntruck), 78 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,294
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Floyd Auto Fair! I've been wanting to do this one for years!

Floyd VA, is a one-caution-light town filled with antique stores, great live music and close proximity to the Fair, at 6.1 miles.

Thinking of ambling down The Blue Ridge Parkway for a part of the trip, stop in and say hello to Junior (our own Phillip Pearce) and possibly Senior! then onto Floyd. Will motel or camp depending on my mood.

Richard (2manyprojects) is going and setting up to sell at the Swap Meet there as well.


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Well now. I am looking for an excuse to explore a small repair shop back yard in the area. Does this make for a goes with event?


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Easily 'goes with event'!


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
I'll meet up on Saturday afternoon and stay through the evening.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
We have some time on this, but I would like to strategize some. The yard in Blacksburg has big trucks parts so I will need someone that can recognize that stuff. And it would be a long drive. Will need some stops and company along the way. How much interest can we get?


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 45
2
'Bolter
'Bolter
2 Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 45
I think I'm going to wait and possibly set up a swap booth at the aaca show closer to home later in June so I can have time to explore Floyd. I'm open to stopping anywhere along the way. If anyone wants to detour through Richmond to dig through my parts pile just let me know.

Richard


Richard
42 Chevy pickup
65 Chevy C10 Panel
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
I might be available then and in any case our place is a comfortable drive from both MD and Floyd.

To soon to know if I'll have time to join but I'll try.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 74
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 74
Originally Posted by Hambone
We have some time on this, but I would like to strategize some. The yard in Blacksburg has big trucks parts so I will need someone that can recognize that stuff. And it would be a long drive. Will need some stops and company along the way. How much interest can we get?

Hambone, I live in Blacksburg, let me know if I can check something out for you.

-Phil

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
280 vendors at the Floyd Show, PM me with a reasonable shopping list, have truck, will travel.


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
At 2300 feet and clear skies it was too hot early in the season but covered the grounds with Richard (2manyprojects) Friday from noontime and again Saturday morning. Didn't find much of anything I had to have but I'm a 6 cylinder 235-261 guy and our stuff is harder to pick. Great 'country type' people, knowledgeable, in fact when I took a break from the sun by sitting in my cab at the truck/car venue I have never had as many people walk up and talk the talk, read: know as much as I do about the AD trucks, that was really cool.

I drove 50 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway going down and the ride back. I had a frozen smile for every mile of that trip, absolutely beautiful and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Floyd, VA, itself, is a magical place with the Floyd General Store and live street music, banjo pickin' style. The Crooked Road is nearby and is an experience in itself.

Will I do it again ? Yep! I believe they have a Fall version of the same show/swap.


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Cosmo,

As long as I can get a few more test drives and slowly adding distance as I gain confidence, I would love to join your convoy. That is a trip that I would love to do sometime! Especially when the leaves start to change!

Chris


Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0