The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (baldeagle), 158 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#120933 06/21/2006 6:41 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11
3
Apprentice
Apprentice
3 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 11
I have been seeing a lot of articles on the turbine HVLP system, and wondered if anyone has had any success with it? I currently use a compressor with an HVLP gun and have had no problems with my setup or my results. I am about to relocate my shop to a different building and was wondering if I should change over. I like to try out new tools and such, but am reminded of the old saying: (If it aint broke don't fix it) What do you guys think? :confused:


I could have avoided all that trouble if only I had remembered to...
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
First thing to consider is "(If it aint broke don't fix it)".

I have only used an HVLP turbine system with a non-bleed gun (Accuspray); however, I had never used a non-HVLP system or a compressor system.

One reason that might push you towards changing is if you are having problems with water in your compressed air. Some solutions for water in the compressed air (from condensation) are quite expensive and a switch to a turbine-based HVLP completely eliminates this problem.

The turbine-based HVLP produces warm air and you would have to get used to this (and learn how to compensate for it).

I am not an expert (not even close), so I will read other replies with interest.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0