The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Bill Hanlon, joe apple, Gdads51), 93 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,372
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1185989 10/08/2016 9:55 PM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 117
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 117
Hi all, I've been working on my 55 Chevy Cameo's front end and am going through the brakes. I am just curious about these brake shoes...that being if they are original to the truck, like the ones it off the dealers lot with. They appear to be painted the same red truck and there is some faded 55 stamping. The font is identical to 55 stamped on the trucks old Harrison heater.

I was just going to throw them away but if they are likely original to the truck than I may just hang them up in the garage as a keep sake.

What do you think? Here are a couple of pictures.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz73Yi-ui1tBNkl1cGtESmw2SUNUaGp5eHdnNG1XZV9TZU13/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz73Yi-ui1tBRXhrNndsQ0c4N0YtcW42Q3dIMVB5VXNtUXFN/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz73Yi-ui1tBMFZSdmFEWlMybEZMRXNjNF8wT3NVZ0x4Q2hN/view?usp=sharing


1955 Chevy Cameo
235 engine
3 speed transmission

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I can't tell if they are bonded or riveted. Bonded linings were not used back then. They came out as replacements a few years later.

Last edited by Wrenchbender Ret.; 10/09/2016 4:05 PM.

They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 117
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 117
Hi Wrench...these are riveted on.




1955 Chevy Cameo
235 engine
3 speed transmission

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,098
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,098
They possibly may be original and maybe all the original shoes may have been painted red for that year for all trucks. In my opinion both are unlikely. It's more likely that a re-builder used that color for their products. There is a part number partially visable above the 55, which is probably stamped by the re-builder.
Fred

Last edited by rfs56trk; 10/09/2016 7:57 PM.

1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes
1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes
2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans
1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 117
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 117
Thanks for chiming in guys...I know it was sort of a silly thing ask of you guys but I was just thinking if anybody might know it would be this board and if they were original I'd keep them dangling from the rafters for sentimental value.

I'll send them on there way to the dump.





1955 Chevy Cameo
235 engine
3 speed transmission


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0