| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,390 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 126 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 126 | Got my grill re chromed on my 46 3/4 ton and I need to re paint the Chevrolet on the grill. Want to go "lightning yellow" (long story) and was thinking of vinyl letters rather than paint. Does anyone know where. Can get or have a template of the Chevrolet letters from a 1946? I need a flat copy for the printer to copy. Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | You could purchase the red decals and then let your printer copy them. Harold
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 1,232 | I did pretty much as Harold stated to create the CHEVROLET vinyl decal for the dash in my '54 3104. I scanned a hood decal, then PhotoShopped to make the right size for the dash. Took the file to a vinyl sigh shop near my house. The shop created the decals fast and at reasonable price. NOTE: the price varies greatly between shops. > '54 Dash <You won't need to do any PhotoShop magic, since you won't change the size. Tip: Use the rubber eraser end of a wooden pencil to press the letters into the indention of the grille to remove air bubbles. - Lonnie
- Lonnie My '54 3104Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post. lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt. OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all | | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 126 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 126 | Thanks for the info and the tip re install! Any idea who has the red decal? Chef of 40s? Jim carter? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 | Got mine from Jim Carter. 1941 Chevy"First rebuild - complete!"Follow the story in the DITY1941 GMC resting peacefully 1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete 1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration 1941 Plymouth stock complete 1941 GMC COE in restoration processRead his Project Journal1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | when putting them on, I spray the grill with some soapy water (like a teaspoon of liquid dish soap in a quart of water) so I can position the sticker and get the bubbles/wrinkles out. Once dried, it will be fine. I have done this with all different sizes of vinyl stickers, largest being a 3' gecko on my in-law's sail boat. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | Thanks! Any idea who has the red decal? Chef of 40s? Jim carter? Top I sent you the catalog page! Click on Red Decals Harold
Last edited by Harold46; 09/27/2016 11:32 PM.
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 126 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 126 | Bolters you are the best!! Thank you. | | |
| |
| |