| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (TrknGMC, FAST55),
94
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,632 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 622 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 622 | I have an in-line moisture accumulator AND I used two of the throw away, plastic devices at the gun. Still, I had water condensing and dripping from the quick connect where the gun connects to the compressor line. The accumulator doesn't seem to be working. I had one 25 years ago that worked very well. It filled up with water letting me know that it was doing its job. The one I have now barely gets damp.
What do ya'll do to capture the compressor moisture before it gets to the gun?
delete my account and pictures
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 641 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 641 | your water trap needs to be mounted higher than you will hold your gun i put mine in line and hang it on a nail in the door way i never get water even when my commpresser is swimming i found this out years back try it | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 622 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 622 | 32fire2: Thanks! As I recall, years ago my trap WAS hanging higher than my gun and lately it has been lower. Next paint job, I'm going to hang that sucker from my tree.
delete my account and pictures
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 | another thing- ( i never heard of the filter being up high, but ok) anyhow- I have schedule 40 steel pipe running up along the ceiing about 20 feet then it tees down to my filter- this allows the air to cool and the moisture to condense into water before it hits the filter, this is how the instructions for the filter showed to do it. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 687 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 687 | All compressors draw moisture: At the hospital I manage we have 2. One 30 ft. from compressor another 100 ft. plus at the shop. We have both of the filters higher than our head plus the red line for water full.
I also have the guys drain the compressor once a week. Even home compressors have a drain use it. Moisture is the single number problem w/spray. filter and regulator is a must. Ben
popcorn (The Truth is Out There (Life heat and cold makes water) | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | yes, as pop sez, important to keep the tank moisture drained down! do it regularly, and especially just before painting
Bill | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 622 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 622 | Excellent ideas folks. Thanks! I had my filter at the end of a 15' flexible hose, which I was hoping would allow enough cooling to condense the moisture. It didn't do diddly. I wonder if coiling the hose in a cooler filled with ice water would work?
delete my account and pictures
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 | I use a hose coiled in a 5 gallon bucket of water, followed by the water separator, and it works great. You have to get the air cooled below the dew point to get the water out.
Paint & Body Shop moderator A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. | | |
| |
| |