| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,618 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 581 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 581 | For everyone who follows BillyBob's progress, a new Work-in-Progress log entry Wheels of Progress has been posted. This covers wheel priming, filling, sanding and painting operations including pinstripping, tire mounting and balancing. Also did some engine compartment detailing in this episode. A new Parts Shop procedure for re-finishing the wheels has also been written to act as a guide for doing the other five wheels. Here's the work-in-progress log link Wheels of Progress Here's the wheel restoration procedure page link Wheel Restoration | | | | | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 338 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 338 | Larry,
The tire carrier part had me near tears. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 587 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 587 | Larry On your year truck, the outer pinstripe was where the wheel weights attach? That is certainly different from earlier years, when it was at the level of the tube valve. I think your pinstripe widths are fairly correct, I have examined a lot of original wheels and pinstripes, and find them to be 1/4" wide. But an excellent job, as usual. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 581 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 581 | Thanx fellas, as always.
I don't think I explained it very well, Brian. I meant the flat just beyond the portion of the rim where the weights attach. The band adjacent to where the valve hole is so I think we're on the same page on that (or do you mean the same surface as the valve stem hole?). Thanx for the stripe width info. I'm flying blind here because I've never seen a wheel with the pinstripes and I've been making my best guesses. | | |
| |
| |