The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Shaffer's1950, Bill Hanlon, Jon G), 125 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,454
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
Hello, I just purchase a 1953 GMC 9314 canadian model and I would like to know what type of engine I have in it.
this is the serial for the engine
c661009
thanks

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome to the stovebolt site. Without using the serial number (casting number would help more) I would suggest that you have a 235 Chevy engine in your truck. Canadian built light GMCs used Chevrolet engines. In addition, I have heard that the Canadian trucks had the full pressure engines in 1953 while in the US they came in 1954. You could try asking in the driveline forum.
Leo

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
One fast way of determining if it is a low-pressure block is to look for the low-pressure-block's oil distributor "plate" on the left side of the block (obscured by the exhaust pipe).

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
Thanks, I'll look on the side of the engine.

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
I did look just behind distibutor and the number is C661009???

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 4
just look again for more number and just in front of the fuel pump it is gm 5848850 and the manifold is 3701887 can some help me please

Last edited by Achipmunk; 06/22/2016 4:10 AM.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0