The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Southerntruck, fonz8261, Hotrod Lincoln), 157 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#116938 07/14/2005 3:29 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11
I have just started to collect as much info about my 1950 chevrolet 3100 1/2 ton as I can so when work begins on the truck I'll be as prepared as I can. Being new to Stovebolt I've already got more info then I thought I could from one site, however maybe I'm not looking in the right place or doing the right searches but 'what were the original paint colors offered in 1950 for my truck'?
Thanks, Paul

#116939 07/14/2005 6:41 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
The colors for '50 were:

Forester Green (the standard color), Swift Red, Armour Yellow, White, Jet Black, Omaha Orange, Cape Maroon, Mariner Blue, Windsor Blue, Seacrest Green, Sun Beige, and Cream Medium. The body colors had corresponding body and wheel stripe colors, too.

Here\'s a link to a color chart. This chart says it is for '51-'54. The colors were the same from '47-'52. Changes were made in the color lineup in '53. The chart doesn't show Armour Yellow, which was replaced by Yukon Yellow in '53. Also not shown is Swift Red, but it was supposed to be the same as Commercial Red (only the name changed in '53), though the chart shows two slightly different shades of Commercial Red.

Have you gotten a Restoration Pack yet? Lots of good info in those (including the color list). Here\'s an online pack for \'49. The '50 would be similar, though some changes and improvements were made.

Oh, and welcome to the 'Bolt. Lots of good info here, too, as you've already found out.


Curt
----
1953 Chevy 6400, 1957 Chevy 2dr Sedan
--"Mediocrity is easy, the good things take time"
#116940 07/14/2005 2:20 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11
Thanks for your help Xram53, thats a big help! With time I'll learn my way around a little better but there is so much info in this site that I feel like a kid in a candy store switching from one topic to another trying to take it all in. I haven't done the Restoration Packet yet because I done have the VIN #. My truck is just where I found her, sitting in a barn in S.C.. It really was that story you always read about - the guy who just stumbled across a hidden treasure! The good news is its not going anywhere, it was my in-laws and is still in their barn. There letting me store it there until I bring her home to Florida, I can't wait!
-------------------------------
Thanks again!

#116941 07/14/2005 8:54 PM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
You do not really need the VIN to get a restoration pack, some of the phone operators ask, some do not. If they do, make one up. For example, 3HPF10345 would have been a valid VIN that year.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0