The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Donf, Gdads51, cmayna, Otto Skorzeny, Forty9, Gray_Ghost, 1 invisible), 91 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,307
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1165918 05/18/2016 6:20 PM
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 225
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 225
1951 3100

When I got the truck, only the driver's side had any brake pieces left on it, and it was not complete. Passenger side had the wheel bolted directly to the hub. Doesn't matter to me cause I'm replacing all of it anyway, (shoes, drums, seals, cylinders, springs, yada yada yada...........
But there was not any of the parking brake pieces.
I have the GM Shop Repair Manual, but it has no pictures or diagrams showing you how it would assemble. It describes it somewhat, but it's kinda vague. Manual says cable attaches to secondary shoe, which I figured, but I'm pretty sure there should be a lever arm and spring attachment of some sort.
Anybody have any pictures or diagrams?

Mike


Mike

1951 3100 5 window
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747

Last edited by Steve_H; 05/18/2016 7:16 PM.

Steve H
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 225
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 225
First picture matches it, so that would be Bendix.
My understanding is 1951 and up was different than 1950 and before. I could be wrong on that and there may have been Huck used on the later years also. I know what mine looks like, and it's Bendix. I do have the two piece cable bracket (?), with the gasket, that bolts to the backing plate from the outside, that crimps onto the cable housing, and the parking brake cable goes through.

Mike


Mike

1951 3100 5 window

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0