| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,117 Posts1,056,296 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 2 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 2 | Anybody have any experience removing lower ball joints from a 62 GMC/Chevy? These come as an assembly riveted to the lower A arm. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Cut the rivets off with a chisel and drive the ball joint out. If I remember correctly.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Tkline. I think we may have met last year if you are the guy that sold a grill piece. Either way welcome to the sight.
Last edited by Hambone; 04/30/2016 1:41 AM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Bumped this up to the top again. I think someone has the answer for you. | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Bring it on over to Mechanicsville md this weekend for hands on consultation. Short drive away from tons of experience and wrench networking. Hope you are tracking the homecoming threads. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,599 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,599 | I second Hambones suggestion and bring it to the homecoming or just be there anyway, whatever you drive. I just did the google maps distance and you are only about 30 miles away from Stovebolt HQ. One attendee is from down under and makes me feel like a local. Read the ODSS threads and be prepared to get your hands dirty. https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/50/1/The_Old_Dominion_Stovebolt_Soc.htmlOh, and welcome to the group. Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 4 | I ground mine off then drove rivets out with a punch and hammer , you will need a ball joint press to put new ones back in | | |
| |
| |