The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (baldeagle, Jon G, Peggy M), 241 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,214
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1164310 05/07/2016 11:30 PM
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 46
W
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 46
Hi all, not much happened with 52 1ton.
Now I need to move next project, 64 chev
60 series bus. Back brakes froze. It was moved in winter, dirt on top of frame when it left road. No dust caps on backing plate.
I would like to know best way to free rearend brakes. Also what are 3/8" bolts on backing plate?
Guessing by now I been bit by stovebolt bug lol.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy wots50, does your bus have air or hydraulic brakes? A picture of what you're asking about sure would be helpful.

Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 46
W
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 46
Brakes are hydroulic,big hydrolic on frame. I'll try to get pic up soon of
Backing plate. Question is about row of 3/8" bolts 1" inside outer diameter of backing plate. Ty for responce, I'll attempt to download pic soon


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0