| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,175 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 33 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 33 | Hi
I have a '53 Chevy 1500 and my passenger window handle fell off. When it did, I noticed the set screw was missing and I can't find it. I tried the usual sites to find a some set screws but I'm having trouble finding a vendor that sells them.
Anyone know where to get some? Also, are the interior door handle and window handle set screws the same size and thread?
Thanks | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 442 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 442 | Ace hardware usually has a great selection, try there | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | X2 on the hardware stores.
Welcome to the site, by the way. So is it a sedan delivery? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,384 | I believe you will find there should be 2 set screws. First one tightens the handle to the regulator, then the second one goes in on top and locks the first one from backing out. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | Could be metric ...If they are aftermarket | | | | | Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 33 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 33 | Thanks for the welcome. It's not a delivery, it's a 1500 pickup. I think based on the suggestions I'll remove the other handle and pull out the other acre to try and match it at the local hardware store. Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 442 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 442 | welcome to the 'Bolt. Our hardware stores carry a lot of smaller hardware item that are usefull in restoration, and you you have to pay shipping or buy a dozen of them! Good luck, Mike | | |
| |
| |