The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (UtahYork, Millenimech, klhansen), 168 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,289
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1163004 04/29/2016 5:47 PM
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2
T
Moderated
Moderated
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2
Anybody have any experience removing lower ball joints from a 62 GMC/Chevy? These come as an assembly riveted to the lower A arm.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Cut the rivets off with a chisel and drive the ball joint out. If I remember correctly.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Tkline. I think we may have met last year if you are the guy that sold a grill piece. Either way welcome to the sight.

Last edited by Hambone; 04/30/2016 1:41 AM.

~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Bumped this up to the top again. I think someone has the answer for you.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Bring it on over to Mechanicsville md this weekend for hands on consultation. Short drive away from tons of experience and wrench networking. Hope you are tracking the homecoming threads.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
I second Hambones suggestion and bring it to the homecoming or just be there anyway, whatever you drive.
I just did the google maps distance and you are only about 30 miles away from Stovebolt HQ.
One attendee is from down under and makes me feel like a local.
Read the ODSS threads and be prepared to get your hands dirty.
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/forums/50/1/The_Old_Dominion_Stovebolt_Soc.html
Oh, and welcome to the group.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 4
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 4
I ground mine off then drove rivets out with a punch and hammer , you will need a ball joint press to put new ones back in


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0