The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (WICruiser, 78buckshot, TUTS 59, Greg_H, GMCJammer51, treegrower), 140 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,545
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
I've got a '40 rear bumper I need re-chromed. Has lots of pitting but I think worth re-doing. I'm in the Seattle/Bellevue area of Pacific NW so something in the area preferable. Suppose I could ship it somewhere but would prefer to speak face to face.

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
I havent used him but Don at American plating is just down I5 from you.
His number is +1 360-736-0052


Give me ambiguity
or give me something else
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 339
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 339
You might try Art Brass Plating in Seattle 206 767 4443. They did the rear bumper on my 55 chevy SW it looks great. Its not cheap though. There is a place in Mukilteo, its on the speedway somewhere, try on line phone book. root

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
Thanks guys. American Plating's website doesn't really look like they do much auto stuff. I should have mentioned I tried Art Brass. I had the piece for the grill that has the Chevrolet script done by Art Brass. Not bad, but looked hurried to me. Maybe they do bumpers better though. My bumper is pitted, was yours root? The place in Mukilteo is Queen City Plating. I am thinking about taking it to them to get a price. I wanted to send them some pictures to get a ballpark but they didn't want to do that.

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 339
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 339
Yes, my bumper was pitted and had some dents they fitted all. root


Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0