| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,208 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 7 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 7 | I purchased inner fenders from a vendor at Hershey last year. When I got ready to install they ended up being short of the fire wall. On an old cab I see that there is a special mount on the driver side to connect the inner fender to the firewall. Is this bracket available for both sides? Should I just build a mount? Anyone have an idea of what it looks like?
Thanks Steve
Last edited by Lazste; 03/28/2016 5:29 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Steve, That bracket/mount is only needed on the driver's side inner fender. That mount is also needed as a hanger for the parking brake assembly. The passenger side inner fender attaches to/through the floor/toe-board. Did you buy 1954/55 inner fenders, or 47-53 inner fenders (I think they might be different?)? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 | They may be correct. Sometimes they get bent out of shape. Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 | Seems like the fenders look all wrong until everything starts getting pulled into place. That may be what is going on.
I thought my fenders were all wrong until they were mounted on inners and pulled up against hood....hey they fit imagine that
(the originals had been welded to cowl at some point)
| | |
| |
| |