The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (TUTS 59, 78buckshot, Gazz), 111 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,475
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1157108 03/27/2016 5:26 PM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 103
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 103
Hi
Anyone have a pic of the clutch linkage from the pedal to the bell housing. For some reason, the linkage on my truck is not lining up. The link is pushing the l shaped clutch adjusting rod papers to be pushing outward
Thanks
Chris
51 chevy coe

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
Chris,
Here are links to four pictures from my 50 Chevy COE. The pictures start with the firewall where you can see the clutch pedal bumper and progress to the adjustment nut on the clutch fork,the last 3 photos taken from underneath the truck. I am hoping you can orient yourself by other recognizable parts. Good luck and let me know if I can help further.

Kent

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/1950Cabover/media/IMG_1474_zpsdk9ux7to.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/1950Cabover/media/IMG_1472_zpsshfpapra.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/1950Cabover/media/IMG_1471_zpstxwhc2m7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/1950Cabover/media/IMG_1470_zpsn2ihygig.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4


1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 103
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 103
Hey Kent
That is mighty kind of you to take the time to send these pics. I really appreciate you doing this. The pics are a big help. I sometimes get stuck as I have no truck around to look at.
I hooked up the linkage as your pics indicate. The linkage connecting to the clutch fork looks to be on a bit of an angle. It appears to be on an outward angle. Just wondering now if that is correct.
Thanks
Chris

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
Chris,
I found some old photos taken during the tear down of the truck. I don't know if these help but here they are. I would be sure the pivot is not turned around which would change the orientation of the rod that pushes the clutch.

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/1950Cabover/media/IMG_0372_zpsawmb4pxh.jpg.html?sort=3&o=31

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/1950Cabover/media/IMG_0371_zps71rehs8r.jpg.html?sort=3&o=32

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/1950Cabover/media/IMG_0370_zpslnxkitow.jpg.html?sort=3&o=33

Kent

Last edited by Lightholder's Dad; 03/29/2016 2:56 AM. Reason: typo

1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0