Some of you may have followed the thread where I've been getting new axles for my '46 after a rear bearing failure. Got the new bearing retainer, bearing, oil seal and axles installed w/o a problem. I've replaced the shoes on both sides with new.
Here's the problem: On the driver's side the rear links that hold the shoe to the pivot point aren't tight. Hard to describe, but you can wiggle the shoe on the link because the hole in the link with the small spring is worn, I think. The other links on the other 3 shoes are tight. Leads me to conclude I need new links and maybe a new pin. Anybody run into this?
Also, I'm finding that I've got to back the wheel cylinders off all the way just to get the drum on. Wondering if this has to do with the wobbly shoe.
Looking for parts, but putting this here also because I could use some advice. Thanks
http://s456.photobucket.com/user/blastenpene/media/46%20Chev/Brake%20COMP%20.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0