| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,325 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 182 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 182 | I'm trying to find some good fender welting. Most of the stuff I've seen is textured. I went to a show yesterday and saw some that was smooth, and larger (the bead part of it) than the smaller textured stuff. It was also like rubber, very flexible. I never got to talk with the owner, so I don't know where he got it. Anyone know of a good fender welting like this? Thanks | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 427 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 427 | The welting I got from Carter's was good; easy to make the bends and it has held up well for the 10 years it's been on my truck. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 203 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 203 | I've used the fabric and the rubber. The rubber by far surpases the fabric. The fabric ones were a pain in the [censored], you had to nick the edge as you did corners. The rubber goes on really nicely. I got mine through the OLD CAR CENTER in Langley, B.C. I'm sure they came from the states and a phone call to them would confirm probably California. I'll get the number if you want. Send me an email. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 182 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 182 | Thanks, I found what I was after... There seems to be three different sizes of welt 'bead' out there: 3/16", 1/4" and 5/16". The 5/16" rubber is what I got. It looks great even if it is a bit larger in diameter. It is smooth (not like the textured vinyl) and is easy to 'work with'. No big deal...just in case someone goes searching the archives on this subject. Hot rod shops sell it and the old **** truck parts places have it. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 15 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 15 | Just a thought....
If you are desiring to restore your vehicle to its original design, you might consider making your own using canvas, chord, and waterproofing compound. | | |
| |
| |