The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, tricordati, Pre '68 Dave), 91 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,477
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1148507 02/05/2016 6:42 PM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 116
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 116
Has anyone recently changed the brake shoes on their 1 ton? I just ordered shoes from rock auto that were supposed to fit and they're about a half inch shorter on each side than the ones I took off.

I'm having a hard time finding ones that fit the 1 ton front. (I haven't touched the rears yet) Any suggestions where to get them?


1942 BK 1/2 Ton Pickup
1954 3800 1 Ton Pickup
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
If you mean the lining is 1/2" shorter, I would be inclined to not worry about it.

Last edited by truckernix; 02/05/2016 10:31 PM.

1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
This was double posted which is not allowed. This one is now locked, and still here as an example to please not double post.

Reply here
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...7/1954_3800_Break_Shoes.html#Post1148527


Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0