The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 157 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,441
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1142042 12/31/2015 3:05 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
http://s300.photobucket.com/user/rowe907/library/?view=recent&page=1


just trying to figure out the photo bucket thing. This is my truck, finished in early june. I put 1200 miles on it this summer. Dave


Last edited by cletis; 12/31/2015 6:40 AM. Reason: changed title

1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
Very nice homer52. What color green did you use?

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
homer52 #1142057 12/31/2015 5:05 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
I talked to Tim Sheridan and he sent me a sprayout of his paint. I took that to Napa, they analyzed it and matched it in Prism by signor. I think chevy called it brewester green. If anyone wants the code I will give it to them.

Dave

Last edited by cletis; 12/31/2015 6:41 AM. Reason: deleted off topic content and changed title.

1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
homer52 #1142073 12/31/2015 10:40 AM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Looking great Dave,I assume you won't be subjecting the old gal to the rigors of the Dalton highway? grin


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
homer52 #1142077 12/31/2015 1:01 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Dave,

Truck looks fantastic, you have done a great job. Nice to see another 41 saved as well...but perhaps I have a slight bias.

Your photobucket test seems to work as well...the tomato sauce looks tasty.

Paul



1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
homer52 #1142080 12/31/2015 1:23 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Photobucket works fine Dave.
That's one beautiful restoration. I'll bet you don't see many of
those up around your area. Looks as nice as Tim S.'s truck and
I'd bet he's got a room full of trophy's.
I hope to get to that point one day with my '50....that is if I
live long enough.
I'm sure you'll have a Happy New Year with that to tool around in.
Denny Graham

Last edited by Denny Graham; 12/31/2015 1:29 PM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL
homer52 #1142095 12/31/2015 3:41 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,122
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,122
Yes! Very nicely done,


homer52 #1142103 12/31/2015 4:48 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
What a beauty!!
Great job!


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter

homer52 #1142104 12/31/2015 5:05 PM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 293
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 293

Originally Posted by homer52
I talked to Tim Sheridan and he sent me a sprayout of his paint. I took that to Napa, they analyzed it and matched it in Prism by signor. I think chevy called it brewester green. If anyone wants the code I will give it to them.

Dave
The truck looks fantastic they really do clean up well.
What color did you use on the interior?
Doyle


1950 Chevrolet model 1434 5-Window Canadian manufactured 1-Ton with Dump Bed / Hoist
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
You will never stop learning new things, no matter how old you are.
homer52 #1142125 12/31/2015 6:04 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 170
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 170
That is beautiful, maybe one of these days I'll add to the photo bucket with my 41. I am down to the rear fenders, exhaust, and tires before completion of my restoration. Scott

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
The interior is hammertone paint I bought in rattle cans, if you want to know exactly I will look next time I am at the shop and get back to you.

This was 9 years in the making with the last 3-4 when the bulk of the work was done.

I did almost all the work myself, the only things I didn't do was the engine machine work, the glass was cut locally, of course chrome.
The ONLY thing that was not rebuilt was the steering gear, everything that I thought was good turned out to need rebuilding. I had LOTS of help from folks here on the bolt, could not have done it without that help and encouragement. What an education I received.

It has a 60's 235 in it, the 216 had a BADLY cracked block, carb is a carter YF2100s. Original 3 speed needed rebuilt. Diff needed rebuilt so I put 3.55 gears in it,I have had it doing 60 and it was fine but 55 is most comfortable.I bought a cardboard headliner and it was a huge failure so I made my own and it looks good. Dave

Last edited by homer52; 12/31/2015 6:50 PM.

1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
homer52 #1142141 12/31/2015 7:17 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Now that you know how to use photobucket we expect to see a lot more pictures Dave.

dg


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
homer52 #1142167 12/31/2015 9:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
Very nice, especially since you did all the work yourself. I have a '47, w/ 302, NP-542 5 speed, 241 transfer case, 4WD, Saginaw power steering, etc. traded some labor for paint job, started peeling off after one year, need to start over.

Ed


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
homer52 #1142170 12/31/2015 10:26 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
C
ODSS President
ODSS President
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,424
Very handsome truck, congratulations!


~ Cosmo
1949 Chevy Half Ton
Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities.
"...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer


homer52 #1142229 01/01/2016 3:24 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 442
Outstanding!!! any before pics of the truck?? Mike

homer52 #1142262 01/01/2016 5:30 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554

Last edited by cletis; 01/01/2016 7:00 PM. Reason: repaired link

1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
homer52 #1142300 01/01/2016 3:43 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 210
Nice job.your truck looks great.I wish I had mine done.9 years is not that long compared to me.I have had my truck since 1983.I have not worked on it much over that time spand.I would work on it and then move on to something else.Many hot rods have came and went but this truck has stayed.I guess its time to get it on the road.

Last edited by metal shaper; 01/01/2016 7:07 PM.
homer52 #1142312 01/01/2016 4:38 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
Congrats Dave!!! Your truck looks great .......love the color and the grill......I am...however....a little biased to the Art Decos...
Dan

homer52 #1145818 01/21/2016 1:53 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 187
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 187
That is a great restoration, doing something similar to a 50 5 window, interested in the color of your dash, could you share the name or any info about it,,thanks


I would rather be late 10 minutes in this life than 10 minutes early for the next

The reason my lady and I have been together so long is because of the kids. Neither one of us wanted sole custody
homer52 #1145849 01/21/2016 6:32 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
I will get the info on the paint tomorrow.


1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
homer52 #1146007 01/22/2016 8:50 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Post it for all to see. I just deleted your private message.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
homer52 #1146009 01/22/2016 9:08 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
It is in my photo bucket for anyone interested to see.


1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
homer52 #1146011 01/22/2016 12:36 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 614
Homer,
You must have a perminate smile on your face!!! Nice looking truck, excellent job. You have a treasure there!

Jim


~ Jim Schmidt, Bucks County, PA
1953 Chevrolet 3804 1-ton
In the DITY Gallery
homer52 #1146236 01/23/2016 6:04 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
Very good job. What a beautiful color. Steven


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton ~ Red Truck

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
homer52 #1146285 01/24/2016 12:46 AM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
U
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
U Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
Nice work man- that is a pristine restoration !
Brad


Wrench Fetcher, PhD
homer52 #1147419 01/31/2016 2:47 AM
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 17
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 17
Homer 52:
Thanks for the photos of your truck. It brings back a million memories. You see, my father had one exactly like yours. In fact, that was the truck I learned to drive. It was a work horse as we hauled anything you could get in the bed. Hay, corn, pigs, cattle, gravel, you name it, we hauled it. Plus Daddy drove it to work every day until it died one day and he bought a brand new 1959 long bed step side. Your restoration is right on the money as I remember it. Thanks for memories!


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0