The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Swami29, Otto Skorzeny, Gray_Ghost, Youngin' Tut 59), 143 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,605
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,257
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,257
Okay, just about got my in tank fuel injection fuel pump done. Only took forever! I was mounting the tank on the frame when I had a look at the front bracket / strap. The rear strap touches the frame but the front one doesn't except at the top and bottom edges of the frame. Where the single bolt holds it in place, the bolt that goes throught the rear running board bracket, there is a gap of about 1/4" between the bracket and the inner frame. Is this correct? Am I missing a spacer there? Should that bracket be making full contact with the frame like the rear bracket??

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
It looks like the 1954 Suburban fuel tank mounts differently from earlier years. Maybe someone else has a picture?

Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3
I'm running into the same problem on my '48 truck, when I went to install the front mount today I have almost a 1" gap to the frame. The rear mount fits perfect. At first I tought the bolts holding the rear running board bracket were the culprit. Haven't been able to find any good pictures of the mount installed. Anyone have a front frame mount they can take a pic of? Thanks!


Larry
1948 Chevy 1/2 ton 3100
I was sad that I had no shoes until I met a man with no feet..
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
I can go crawl under mine tomorrow and check. The tank and brackets are original.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
Mark, here's a picture of my brackets before i unbolted them from the frame. looks like the front and back are different. brakets to frame
tanks straps with the brackets that bolt to the plywood floor. original straps to floor
new straps connected to brackets new tank straps
tank installed straps not tightened up yet. tank installed straps not tightened yet
tank pictures
will these pictures help ?

Tim


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,257
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,257
Thanks Tim! I asked that question back in 2006 when I had the body off of the frame. I'll have to crawl under there to see what I was talking about. Maybe we can help Larry figure out what is going on. I haven't thought about this since I reassembled the vehicle. Now I'm curious again. More to follow!

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
I checked mine and it is tight to the inner part of the frame rail, both brackets.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Is there rubber between the tank and strap? If not maybe that's why there is a gap...

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,257
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,257
Originally Posted by Mike B
Is there rubber between the tank and strap? If not maybe that's why there is a gap...

Mike B smile

There typically is, I used rubber sheet cut down. http://www.bunchobikes.com/1952suburban58.jpg The area we are talking about is where the main bracket attaches to the frame.


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0