The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (MickeyP, Cletus1950, 78buckshot, Nick in Manitou), 102 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,720
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
I'm just getting started on the body work on my truck. I bought a nice 49 or 50 cab with a terrible dash. I going to remove it one way or another and was wondering if it is welded in at the top, or just held in by the windshield trim or what. I would appreciate any info. My project is going great. I just finished the MII front suspension and put the cab on last night to position the engine and tranny.Thanks. Ron


Ron Thompson
51 Chevy 1/2 ton
36 F@rd coupe
65 Riviera

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
Held in with spot welds and the bolts on the lower corners on each side. Hey, If it has to come out......it has to come out!!!


Joe

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0