| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,430 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,154 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,154 | Our 1954-3100 has a nasty habit of popping the parking brake off. I carry around a chalk and place it under the rear tire but it's a pain and sometimes I forget it's there. Are there any tricks or advice for adjustment of the brake? There is not a lot of info. out there any suggestions would be welcomed! Thanks Steve | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Steve,
Here a few recommendations:
I had that happen a few times (scarey) and cured the problem after a few "adjustments":
1. Removed grease/oil from the pedal-rod that goes the the floor/felt "seal" 2. Replaced the floor/felt seal (no grease/oil in/on that seal) 3. "Sharpened"/gently-filed the edges of the piece of metal that "catches" against the pedal-rod
I do not know which worked, but mine only releases now when I pull the release lever.
Maybe other people have remedies for this disconcerting/dangerous behavior?
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | All of Tim's ideas are good. I have had success many times on customers trucks by putting a little more bend in the lower end of the catch/release so it binds on the shaft more.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | |
| |
| |