Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,660 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 815 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 815 | Here in the north west it rains a lot, mostly in the winter and spring. So, my question is there any advantage of using JC's "modern" type of wiper blades instead of the original flat blade style? I prefer the look of the original. I don't plan to drive it much in the rainy season anyway but just in case... Steve | | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 815 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 815 | I would like to know before the current JC sale is over on Monday. Thanks | | | | | Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 623 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 623 | I've been told that the newer type of blade is better because of the bowed arm, which holds it tighter to the pane. I was also told you could use them on the older trucks, but you have to buy the newer arm to hold them (they will fit the posts on the cowel, but the old arms will only work with the flat blades). Also, I was told that if you plan on getting the electric wiper motor, you should get the newer bowed blades and arms, because the speed of the motor doesn't do well with the older type blades. I believe you can search and find quite a bit on these, but if you have the luck with searching that I do, it may be a little tough to find. Good luck!!
"When I rest, I rust" 1951 3100 5 window w/ '56 235
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | You can get modern blades that will fit your arms at your local auto parts without paying specialty store prices and shipping. I have them on both my '54 and '56. I'd go to the shop and get a number for you but I'd have to wade a flood. If you wait until tomorrow I'll try to post it. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,294 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,294 | I have the newer style arms and blades and they work fine. I have a 235 which pulls tons of vacuum, and a good vacuum motor as well. The only issue I have is whatever they make the rubber out of does not last very long. It stays together but doesn't sweep the rain off completely and leaves streaks, just like just about every other wiper blades that I buy for any of my modern vehicles. Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 209 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 209 | I use Rain-X washer fluid in a spray bottle on all my vehicle windows, as well as in the washer on my newer ones. It really makes a difference IMO. John | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | My blades are Anco P/N 05325, STK no. 20-12. I know they fit '54-59. I don't know about earlier years. | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 289 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2007 Posts: 289 | I tried the newer style arms (1954 +) on my 50 Chevy truck and found they are longer than the earlier ones and hit the center divider strip and outside edges of the windshield. I have since gone back to the original ones. Mike | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,294 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,294 | I tried the newer style arms (1954 +) on my 50 Chevy truck and found they are longer than the earlier ones and hit the center divider strip and outside edges of the windshield. I have since gone back to the original ones. Mike Huck, any chance they sent you the wrong arms (maybe '55.2-59)? I have the '54 arms and 11 inch blades on my 50 and they do what they are supposed to. Do you still have them to measure their length? I can compare that measurement to what I have so we can clear this up for everyone. Carl
Last edited by 52Carl; 11/01/2015 2:26 AM.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 815 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 815 | Thanks,Cletis for that information. Steve | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 289 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2007 Posts: 289 | The arms came from Jim Carter. There are right and left hand arms. The left is WWW113L1 and measures 12" in overall length (not measured to the center of the hub) and the right one WWW113R2 measures the same. The wiper blade is WW129 and measures 10 1/4". I just noticed on the bag for the wiper arm that it says to use blade 2141 which is not the one I have and they don't even show in their on-line catalog. Mike | | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 265 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 265 | 53Movinon,
I have to agree with tinnerjohn. I used to live in the Portland Oregon area. I used Rain-X, on my windshield. I used the type that you wipe on with a clean rag. Then wipe off with a dry clean rag, after it gets hazy on your windshield. Using that and the a fresh set of the stock flat blades, worked very well. Like you, I didn't set out to drive it in a rain storm. However, they just seem to happen up there.
Rugo
Steve Rugg 53 3100
| | |
| |