| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,390 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 52 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 52 | I see some sites listing repro running boards as '41-'46, and some listing them as '39-'46. Are '39 running boards useable on a '41-'46 and what changed? Was it just a cosmetic change, or is there a dimensional issue with what I want to do? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 182 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 182 | They are different for sure: http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/parts/1929_41/41cp210.htmlThe earlier trucks had wider rear fenders, which might be the reason the fenders are different. The also had different front fenders and a shorter wheelbase. | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | As Sput mentioned, 39 & 40 are interchangeable. 41 - 46 1/2 tons had a slightly longer wheelbase ( 115" vs 113.5" ). Front fenders also have a different shape where they meet the running boards. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 52 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 52 | The wheelbase and rear fender issues don't concern me, the truck is getting a flatbed. When you say they have a different shape at the front fender I take it that means it won't bolt up? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 52 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 52 | So the running boards were a good deal and I went ahead and bought them anyway. I can't comment on the rear fitment since I don't have rear fenders, but up front they are a bit different. They match up to ~60% of the '46 front fenders starting at the cab, but towards the wheel opening the early running boards are longer. They do look like they'll work with some trimming. Can't tell yet if I'm going to have to shift them forward or back any to meet the fenders properly, but it doesn't matter because the mounts need replaced anyway. | | |
| |
| |