The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Opelika Tom, klhansen, dt235sd), 100 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,078
Posts1,056,283
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1128095 10/06/2015 12:14 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 149
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 149
Has anyone had any luck purchasing brake lines from your
"friendly local auto parts store" (FLAPS) or from one of the many suppliers online? I really don't want to purchase another tool that has a learning curve such as a Flaring Tool.

Thanks
Jeff in Iowa

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
When I did my truck I purchased all standard lengths of lines. If a line is a little too long you can put a curve in it.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Hey Jeff,

I thought about going that route too; however, when I looked at the available pre-made brake lines it was apparent there would be a lot of 'extra' to deal with. My FLAPS had 1/4" brake line in a 25' coil, so I bought that and one pre-made 36" brake line. A buddy of mine had a good quality flaring tool and I made the other lines. I also took a few practice runs with the flaring tool and I was off and running in no time. I had one short line that seeped a bit (from the rear differential block to the RR wheel hose block) and I re-made that without any further troubles. A new master cylinder put the finishing touch on the brake job. Those old Huck brakes seem to work just fine!

Let me know if I can help, take care!


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 149
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 149
Andy

Thanks for the information. I checked into a good quality flaring tool and it would have been well over $100. Yesterday I discovered "The Filling Station" had a complete set of lines on sale for under $100.plus shipping $12. I thought it was a no brainer so I went ahead and ordered them. I'm anxious to see how they fit.
Go Hawks
Jeff

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 149
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 149
Guess I spoke to soon, I was quoted shipping of $12 only to find out on an invoice today that shipping was $42. First time this has ever happened on an online order. I'd rather look else where now.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0