| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,208 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 112 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 112 | anyone know where to find a car cover for a 1957 chevy suburban? been looking but all they list is for later suburban models... could probably make one of those work but looking for a correct one
Old Truck addict 1950 chevy 1 ton napco 1956 gmc 1 ton dually napco 1954 chevy 3/4 ton napco 1957 gmc civil defense napco panel
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 136 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 136 | Got mine from California Car Cover. Perfect custom fit.
Regards, Mark. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 35 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 35 | I bought one off of Ebay, probably around $125, pretty good quality. I also own a California cover for a pickup I own, super quality but that one cost me over $400. I'll look at the tag on the $125 one I bought and let you know..
53 Chevy 210 convertible; 55 GMC pickup; 57 GMC Suburban Carryall
| | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 74 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2010 Posts: 74 | here is a previous thread on covers: https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...8571/Re:_Car_cover_for_'49_1/2_ton_.html As mentioned in the other thread, I have used the Budge covers and have been happy with them. I have one currently on my 58 suburban. Lots of choices...is the truck outside? inside? protection from rain and sun? just a dust cover?
Last edited by dh53; 09/24/2015 8:45 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 791 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 791 | I keep my '48 Chevy 1/2 ton truck in an unheated pole barn during the long Michigan winter. I place a soft dust cover over the truck, and then have it completely enclosed (zipped) in a CarJacket. http://www.carbag.comIt uses a heavy-duty zipper and keeps the varmits out. I have been very happy with it. LUKE | | | | | Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 | Fonz;
The car bag looks pretty sweet. I might have to put one on my Christmas list.
Dh53:
Do you have any pictures of your truck. I also have a 58 Burb and I'm always interested in what other people are doing to theirs.
Thanks
Larry
| | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 74 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2010 Posts: 74 | here is a link to some pictures of my '58 Napco suburban. It is pretty much the way I bought it, so I really haven't done anything to it. No pictures of the interior, but it is stock with all 3 rows of seats. 58 burb pics | | | | | Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 | dh53;
That is a great looking truck! Yours is in even better shape than mine. Where did you get it? Does it have the original drive train? You have an excellent foundation for a great vehicle!
Thanks
Larry
| | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 74 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2010 Posts: 74 | Larry, It was originally a California forestry service truck. I found it on ebay, and when it did not sell I jumped in. It has the original Napco drivetrain, with the exception of the motor. According to "legend" that I was able to find out, the original motor was replaced in 1961 with a 283. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 | DH53;
I'm jealous! I hope to be back in the states next summer. You need to drive your truck up to the reunion in Kansas City and we can compare notes.
Thanks
Larry
| | |
| |
| |