The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Charles in CA, dt235sd, jmoore, Jay R, Southerntruck, Flatblu4748, tclederman, 5cameo8, 1 invisible), 72 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,683
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 15
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 15
I'm a little confused as to what I need parts-wise for shocks. I read in one Stovebolt post that I need Monroe accessory pack (adapter) AK32 for the front, but when I tried to search it, that part came up as obsolete. It looks pretty clear to me: Remove bolts, remove and replace unit. Monroe also says I need "parts packs" P572&P576. Those don't appear, even on their own site.

Voluminous searching has only confused me more. A little clarification would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by BillyJoeBob; 09/27/2015 4:47 PM.
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
U
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
U Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
Originally Posted by BillyJoeBob
Remove bolts, remove and replace unit.

This worked for my 55.2 3100. I got shocks at a local parts store, but I ended up returning & getting all four from Summit with a limited 50%-off sale. ($40 vs. $80). I like to keep business local, but $40...

You'll probably want some rubber bushing - safe lube; the new shocks will fit tight. Edit- there are two types of shocks you probably read about. I'm referring to the 1-1/2" to 2" (est.) 20" long (again, estimated) cylinders (4 total) that mount on front & rear.

Brad


Wrench Fetcher, PhD
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Get a set of Gabriels, they come with all the proper mounting hardware.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 15
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 15
Thanks for the replies, y'all. I'll just order the shocks and worry about other eventualities if they occur. The 59 year old mounting bolts and nuts are soaking in PB Blaster as of last Friday smile

Last edited by BillyJoeBob; 09/29/2015 2:17 AM.

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0