| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (3B, Phak1, 1955 1 Series, Gib70, Joe H, KEVINSKI, 1 invisible),
133
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,092 Posts1,056,451 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2015 Posts: 203 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2015 Posts: 203 | My 1-ton has 1952-style brakes. I am tearing down the rear brakes to replace the shoes and new wheel cylinders, etc. I cannot get the big pin to budge - its the pin in the bottom center that holds the two shoes together. Everything was rusted together, I had to break the retainer washer clip in pieces to get it out but that big pin is rusted together with the shoes. I beat on it and used half a can of PB Blaster. You can't hardly get anything in between the backing plate and the back of the pin. I thought about grinding the head off the pin but you cannot order new ones. Any ideas? I don't have big torches, all I have is a small BurnsoMatic. Is that enough to do the trick?
1953 GMC 1-Ton Pickup with 350 and 700R4
| | |
| |
| |