The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Tronman, Gray_Ghost), 85 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,476
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#111948 04/20/2005 10:43 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 75
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 75
I need some opinions on fiberglass fenders. I was hoping to save my badly damaged left front fender, but it is really smashed around the headlight area. Someone on this site recommended R&R fiberglass as a good vendor for glass replacements. Sounds like steel replacements are still a year or more from being available. Is fiberglass a viable option, or just a cheezy way to get the job completed?????


'53 chevy 3/4 ton
#111949 04/22/2005 3:37 AM
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 81
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 81
Personally, I'm not big on glass and if your up for a little welding, Mothertrucker will sell you whatever chunk of original sheetmetal you need for a very reasonable price. I bought the back half of a front fender (The mounting area near the cowl was all rusted on my original) and the lower front edge. After welding it looks great and it's all original metal. You can find him in the swap meet or do a search on this site. Good luck!

#111951 04/24/2005 12:47 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 47
Member
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 47
JohnnyBoy,I have front,rear,and fiberglass running boards for R&R on my 37 for about 6 years now and they still look good. I like them and they are a heck of a lot less expensive than the repair route I almost went down. The paint and body man wanted my house and shop to fix them! I have personally spoke to Richard Keller and he is a fine man to do business with. Give him a call and chat with him and let him tell you about his glass vs some "others". I recommend it and besides its light..the 37 only needs wings to fly.

#111952 04/24/2005 6:41 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
I'm sure quality varies from year-to-year and from manufacturer to manufacturer, however I just looked a '66, C-10 stepside with front fiberglass fenders. I inspected them very closely because I had never seen them installed on a truck, although I have seen them on display. I was not impressed with the fit or finish. It appeared they had flexed at some point and there was some evidence of stress cracks at the mounting hole locations. Perhaps there are high quality glass fenders and other replacements on the market, but nothing beats the OEM sheetmetal, I you can locate it for your year.

#111953 05/01/2005 3:21 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
T
Tab Offline
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
The fiberglass fender that I bought had a terrible fit. Chevyduty replaced it with a metal aftermarket fender which fit much better. I no longer fool around with old, dented and rusted body parts.


delete my account and pictures
#111954 05/02/2005 11:09 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I put 4 fenders from R&R fiberglass on a 37 a while back. They fit good & looked good. When I went to sell it & told people it had fiberglass fenders the whole additude changed. You would think they were criminal or something.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0