| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,700 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#11179 03/30/2005 6:23 PM | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 85 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 85 | What is the best way to protect my exhaust manifold from oxidation? Have any of you used stove black, is it effective?
thanks | | |
#11180 03/30/2005 7:36 PM | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 60 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 60 | Yes stove polish. Rutland products sells it for black cast iron.Might use it 1 2 times a year. I dont have any right now but the phone # was 800-544-1307 item# 70. I am going to have mine coated with a grey exh coating now very much like jet hot . | | |
#11181 03/30/2005 8:56 PM | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 85 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 85 | I have some high temp por-15 manifold paint, but I heard that the stove polish has a nice look. | | |
#11182 03/30/2005 11:22 PM | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 399 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 399 | Here in Germany we have silver stove color. Looks great (like polished alluminum)and outlasts all that exhaust coats in the spray cans. It comes in a little can so you can use a brush, wich is easyer if you got the exhaust on the car. It costs only $3 and you can paint at least 30 headers wit one can. | | |
#11183 03/30/2005 11:33 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | I use an exhaust manifold paint from eastwood. It looks like cast iron & is good to 1500 degrees.Expensive though.  They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
#11184 03/31/2005 5:15 AM | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 85 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 85 | Unfortunately the Eastwood product is cheaper than por-15 exhaust coating.  I might try the stove polish to see how well it does. If I don't like it I'll use the por. | | |
#11185 03/31/2005 12:12 PM | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 375 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 375 | Jet Hot Coatings has a great solution. www.jet-hot.com | | |
| |
| |