| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Donf, 50Chevy3100),
116
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,076 Posts1,056,280 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2015 Posts: 203 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2015 Posts: 203 | Does any company sell replacement drums if needed? I just bought a 1953 GMC 1-ton and trying to make sure I locate go-to places to get what I need for replacement.
1953 GMC 1-Ton Pickup with 350 and 700R4
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 442 Stovebolt Photo Moderator | | Stovebolt Photo Moderator Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 442 | Hello Chad, I've been told there is no source for replacement drums, or even shoes for that matter. Most folks recommend you don't even machine the drums you may have to preserve precious metal. I had my pads resurfaced and all has bolted together nicely.
I have also learned that rear wheel studs do not exist. Watch them carefully.
Best - Joe 1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"Link to a few photosIn this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2015 Posts: 203 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2015 Posts: 203 | I found a seller on Ebay selling used hub assemblies with drums so I bought a pair as spares.
1953 GMC 1-Ton Pickup with 350 and 700R4
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I would buy up all the good spares you find. I think 53 was the first year for the Bendix brakes on the 1 Ton. I don't know how they changed as the years went on but the previous Huck style drums are really hard to find. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 228 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 228 | I am converting my 51 - 1 ton to disc brakes. I will have the complete front brake system with drums, master cyl and vacuum unit, which is rebuilt all for sale if someone in So. Cal needs it. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Please use the swap meet section for buying and selling parts.
Thanks, Grigg | | |
| |
| |