Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (KEVINSKI, klhansen, Vice-Grip, 37 GC, Bill Hanlon, UtahYork, Otto Skorzeny, HandyAndy),
116
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,610 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 4 | I have a 66 K10 Chev, need replacement lock-out hubs. Anyone know where to find them? I've been looking unsuccessfully. New or used, prefer GM but Warn/other brand ok. Also I'm thinking of mounting a light snowplow on it. Anyone ever tried that? I know a 1/2 ton is a bit light... Contact: Steve, 406-214-2036 Thanks!
Last edited by wildernutzel; 08/12/2016 8:06 PM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | I believe you have Dana 44 closed knuckle. These are approx. 1960-1969. What is wrong with what you have? http://www.truckspring.com/4x4/lockout-hubs.aspx?make=Chevrolet&year=1966&model=K10+PickupBe careful with these, be sure your spline count and other info is the same and call them first. Of course there is always the donor option. Check local craigslist or pastures 
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: May 2015 Posts: 236 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2015 Posts: 236 | Summit Racing offers a variety of hubs.
J C Whitney offers several choices including a OEM replacement look. As well as rebuild kit.
Not to mention you can go to the WARN, Super Winch, and Mile Marker sites and buy direct or use their locator for your local distributors.
Baking in the nice desert sun, breathing life back into a 48 3800 5 window. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | It's nice to fire off all those well known names but I checked all of those sites and they do not have them for 1966 K10. They have 1969 and up hubs. If you have specific knowledge, post the part number. This is how bad info gets into print. Summit has the same one I linked. "Selectro Mile Marker" and they are $15 more than Michigan Truckspring. (again, the one I already linked). If Summit has free ship, it's about a wash. I did not find any other locking hub. Let us know. A comment from a parts supplier, just for reference: "The wheel hub used on GM 1/2 ton 4x4s with Dana 44 closed knuckle front axles has a unique internal spline length so the common aftermarket lockout hubs that fit GM open knuckle axles will not fit the GM closed knuckle axles." No reason a smallish snow plow will not work. The power is probably there. A manufactured plow will state what vehicles can handle it. Home made: different story. What motor do you have in it? See post #5: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=7064136
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: May 2015 Posts: 236 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2015 Posts: 236 | 11001-01 yup that was the part number for mile marker I had see in the past.
Warn had a non-common catalog look up a few years back, for the special editions, maybe they do not have on the web site any more.
If I read my chicken scratching right I think the warn number was QU40548
Also check with quad4x4.
Baking in the nice desert sun, breathing life back into a 48 3800 5 window. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | Quad4x4 is where I got the quote about closed knuckles. QU40548 is for 3/4 or 1 T. It is a Quad4x4 part number. Would be nice for the OP, they are in Billings, but no dice.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 4 | Thanks for the replies! It has the 292-6. The original GM hubs got to where they wouldn't work, so I had our local shade-tree fix-it man replace them about 5yrs ago. He couldn't find exact fit, so put some Warn hubs on that he said didn't fit quite right but "work sort-of". They don't engage the splines all the way, but the 4x4 does work. So i need to get them off of there and replaced with correct, esp if i'm going to plow snow. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2015 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2015 Posts: 6 | Hi all I just picked up a 66 k10 short box fleet side . With a 7 Foot plow and a dump box . Looking foreword to getting start on restore the only part on this truck is the front bumper and grill. The rest is in tough shape . It's been setting about ten tears . The hubs for look factory . Warren hubs is what I would look for if the bubba on this truck are bad . | | |
| |