| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,122 Posts1,056,332 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 397 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 397 | Does anyone know where I can purchase a preformed vacuum advance line that runs from the distributor to the carburetor on a '46 and made of stainless steel? I'm not that experienced in tube bending and would like to have the part already formed for me. I know Chevs of the 40's has them, however, the shipping charges to North Carolina are exorbitant.
"Lucille" ..... Proud Member of the "Southern Stovebolts" David Wolff 1946 Chevy 1/2-ton In the Gallery | | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 899 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 899 | If you have the original line you can check with you local FLAPS. They may do it or suggest a local shop that can do the job.
Ed
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 397 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 397 | I don't have the original line. What I have is a Rub Goldberg that was done by a PO. I want it routed via the correct routing from the '46 period. Someone must have that routing info somewhere.
I purchased a correctly routed S/S fuel line from Jim Carter and need the companion vacuum line which runs with it and is clamped together.
"Lucille" ..... Proud Member of the "Southern Stovebolts" David Wolff 1946 Chevy 1/2-ton In the Gallery | | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 608 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 608 | Dave, Leap in with BOTH feet and just get a hunk of new line. Follow the contours of the Jim Carter fuel line and MAKE Your Own! YOU CAN DO IT!! Regards, steve sr. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 397 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 397 | Steve, thanks for the positive feedback! I'll try it. I suppose I'll need a tube bender and flaring tool along with the correct fittings. Never done it before but what the heck, Ill give it a shot!
"Lucille" ..... Proud Member of the "Southern Stovebolts" David Wolff 1946 Chevy 1/2-ton In the Gallery | | | | | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 608 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 608 | Dave,it,s not even flares on that line. They are compression fittings with a ferrule and nut. REAL Simple, Have Fun! regards, steve sr. | | |
| |
| |