| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,211 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 37 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 37 | I am In the process of mounting the exhaust manifold on my freshly rebuilt 235. It appears the outside two bolt holes have solid studs and do not require any type of fastener. Is this correct or should these be bolts? I would think it would not seal completely. I have the retainers all in place and torqued correctly. Thanks | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Nope, that the way they came from the factory for a hunert years. Installed properly I've never seen one leak at the ends unless it was warped and needed to be machined flat.
Now the exhaust flange is another story, I must have blown out a dozen flat gaskets between the manifold and exhaust pipe flange.
Back on the studs. They are often removed and replaced with bolts on the stock manifold and especially when installing headers where they really are necessary. The rear one can be kind of a bear to install.
dg
Last edited by Denny Graham; 06/29/2015 2:11 PM.
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | |
| |
| |