The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Phak1, Otto Skorzeny, Guitplayer, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 23
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 23
You all know the story, I bought someone else's project and have never seen it together.
I have a 1952 3100. I hope someone has a photo of the parking brake pedal assembly from the underside of the truck. I have seen all the manuals and sketches but none show how the shaft hooks up to the cab.
Since some of the cowl parts were replaced the mountings may be missing.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
I'm not sure if this will help but the parking brake mount serves as the inner fender to cab mount on the drivers side,the passengerside inner mounts directly to the toeboard/firewall.

Parking brake mounting bracket.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 289
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 289
Dads50
Looking at your video it looks like you had a problem with the parking brake latching. I am currently having that problem with my 50 1/2 ton as well and have not been able to get it to latch after playing with the adjustment at the brake release handle. If you were having that problem were you able to fix it and what did you do?
Thanks,
Mike

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Yes

I made that video a few years ago because the lever wouldn't catch and added the video to my post.

In my case is was a simple adjustment in the knob and jam nut.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
Originally Posted by DADS50
Yes

I made that video a few years ago because the lever wouldn't catch and added the video to my post.

In my case is was a simple adjustment in the knob and jam nut.
I thought so as well. I have never sensed such utter frustration from viewing only a partial hand in a short video without dialog. smile
Great video for understanding the Rube Goldberg AD parking brake!
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 23
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 23
Well it's pretty obvious that I am missing the parking brake mounting bracket. Any Ideas where to get one.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Most the vendors carry that part

Here is one example
...link...

Or you can try the parts wanted forum


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0