Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,086 Posts1,056,331 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 | what do people think of the
(1947-54) Classic Wiring Update Kit from Classic Parts Part # : 52-081 Year : 47-54
looking for simple and easy, not necessarily original. using 12V ,with HEI ... | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 | YOUR OPINION OF THIS PRODUCT ?? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 | Opinion ahead. Stock harness, 150.00. Added circuits, 450.00 and up. Stock harness in cloth, 450.00. All work. All seem made well. What are you planning to use it for? Only "opinion" that matters, yours. Good Vendors are good vendors. Some "stock" harness will need extras if you converted to 12 Volt. "Hot Rod" custom harness will have stuff you don't need. Use a good vendor. All other "opinions" won't matter much. I have not heard much in the way of bad reviews about wire quality. Some issues with fit and connectors. Most are from honest mistakes made by the purchaser. Good vendor will help, if needed. So, use a good vendor and know what you want. End of opinion.
Steve H
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | That kit is made by American Autowire, one of the best. I have one from them in my 1956 and it was easy to install and they have GREAT tech support. All of their wires are marked about every 10" with there location name spelled out like Left Front Turn, Tach, Hi-Beam etc. Each wire on the harness will need to be custom cut to length and have a terminal end crimped on. The kit will come with OEM "F" type terminals so you'll need a high quality crimper to give you professional results. I got my crimper from Dell City and it was about $40 delivered, check it out here. http://www.delcity.net/store/Open-Barrel-Terminal-Ratchet-Crimp-Tool/p_714008I would use them again. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Sep 2014 Posts: 385 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2014 Posts: 385 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2014 Posts: 385 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2014 Posts: 385 | If i may suggest one thing. Buy and install the high power headlight relay kit. I had my light running off the light switch then switched to the high power relay kit and they are brighter and you are then ready for aftermarket lights if you ever go that way. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Good suggestion Wolfcub!
I ended up putting an Ididit steering column in my truck and I wanted the dimmer switch on the end of the turn signal lever. Ididit sold me a headlight controller to work with their column and it turns out to be a product from American Autowire. So just be accident I ended up with a headlight relay/control module which takes the load off of the original headlight switch.
Again, I'm verry happy with their kit, even though it's pricey I'd buy one again.
Mike B | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 142 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 142 | I have used the ez wiring harness on all of my cars and those odd my clients not expensive uses modern mini fuses and the box has plenty of accessories if you need them.the fuse box is nice and small. Best bang for your bucks. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 93 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 93 | EZ in my 47 GMC. Worked well and was only $180-
1947 GMC Truck 5 window, Long Bed 2008 Corvette Roadster 2008 Harley Davidson FXDL 2011 F150 Ecoboost 4X4 2015 Subaru Outback AWD "only the strong survive"
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 154 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 154 | I just purchased a 12 circuit harness from hot rod wires. Slightly more expensive than the EZ but the customer service is unbeatable. Will be installing it this weekend.
1955 GMC 100 Series 2
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 | Thanks, I think I want the easiest to install, 12Volt, with noting fancy unfortunately,I may not be thinking far enough ahead,but hopefully this harness will include everything I will nedd | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 | I thought the description said they were cut to length ?? | | | | | Joined: May 2015 Posts: 236 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2015 Posts: 236 | I build my own. About $100 or less depending on modern wire of vintage wire look.
Baking in the nice desert sun, breathing life back into a 48 3800 5 window. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 | also looking at LMC
12 volt | | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 154 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 154 | I finished installing my harness from Hot Rod Wires this weekend. Cranked her up last night. I couldn't be happier with the harness, instructions and customer service. Feels like a new truck.
1955 GMC 100 Series 2
| | |
| |