The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Steelonsteel, Hotrod Lincoln), 136 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,261
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1103808 05/20/2015 9:00 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 164
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 164
Does anyone have pictures of or can explain how the cab windlace channel on a 47 attaches? I know it's held on by screws so I was wondering if the panels behind are tapped for threads or ? I have a 52 that needs the lower portion replaced both driver and passenger.

Thanks
Joe

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Joe,

I ran into this a while back. Here's a link from the oldcarmanualproject site. See the first paragraph.

I also found these screws for installing the windlace on my 1947.

The windlace on a 52 slides into a welded channel, and that applies to late 49 and on up, if I'm not mistaken. That style sounds like a fight to the finish to install. Good luck!


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 164
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 164
Ok got it, just checked my shop manual and it shows the difference between the two styles. Guess I'll be welding them back in.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0